2008年4月27日日曜日

Leesha Harvey- Coal Train (Original)




*Updated* Get this song on my website! Go to: http://www.leeshaharvey.com/music.html

You'll find a list of my songs there, including "Coal Train." (You may have to right-click on the song link and select "Save Target As.") Sign up to be on my e-mail list while you're there! :)

----
I live near one of the busiest stretches of railroad in the U.S., so I spend a fair amount of time in my car waiting at railroad crossings. I was on my way home late one night, waiting for another train to pass, when I got the idea for this song. It's pretty folksy. Hope you like it.


Coal Train

Coal train rolls by into the sky
It rattles the night
Rain on the street, jazz in the air
Keeping time with the light
Black car passes by, catches her eye
It's gone like a ghost
Of all the eyes she's looked into
She misses his the most

The wheels roll on
One glance and it's gone

He dreamed of a ship, got his wings clipped
Went down to the tracks
He wanders the road
Looking to lose the load on his back
He can go for miles with Miles
and Coltrane's saxophone
The melody soothes like her voice
and he knows he's not alone

Chorus

She wonders how much he's changed
Has he let his hair grow?
And does he recall all the things
She wants him to know?
She marks the days with flowers
But she hides them away
Somehow she doubts it's enough
To convince him to stay

Chorus

© 2008 Leesha Harvey
http://leeshaharvey.com



Author: LeeshaHarvey

Keywords: Leesha Harvey female singer songwriter original acoustic folk coal train coltrane flowers miles dylan

Added: April 19, 2008





Published by
Published by xFruits
Original source : http://youtube.com/?v=VItmtAuWz0w...