2007年12月25日火曜日

No Christmas For Me (Original Song)




Don't be fooled by the title, this one has a happy ending. All in the good spirit of Christmas.

I wrote this one a few weeks ago, and recorded it last night.

This song was inspired by everything i've experienced/read/watched/heard of from movies or stories, about one's lover being far away for Christmas, be it serving in the army, college, another country, peace corps etc... In a way, it's also about not losing hope.
Although that's just my opinion, so do share yours.
The words in this one are simple and direct. I do hope everyone will enjoy it.

I stayed with the 'silent movie feel' as i think it suits the song.

It is a bit too early, but as i said, i dont know when i'll be able to post next, but if i do, it'll be another Christmas cover. So stay tuned!

=)

Merry Christmas to all of my wonderful subscribers and listeners.

-----------------------------------
Words and Music by Koko Kaina
2007

No, there won't be Christmas for me this year
For the simple reason being you're not here

There won't be eggnogs by the cozy fire
There won't be glasses of mulled wine either
There won't even be a Christmas tree
'cause you're not here to light it up with me

Oh, Santa honey, won't you bring my baby back to me?
'cause i miss him, yes, i miss him oh so dearly

I haven't sent him his Christmas card
'cause that would mean we really are apart
The Christmas stockings are as empty as my heart

I know you're away doing something good
But just this once, baby, if you could
You know you can, and you know should
'cause Christmas won't be Christmas...

without you

Two days to Christmas and i'm still waiting outside
Wishing upon a star that you'll be coming home tonight
But it was cold, it was getting late
Sadly, i crept back into bed
But then i felt a soft kiss on my cheek
I opened my eyes, and there my baby was...

with me!

My baby came back for me
Merry Christmas, baby



Author: KokoKaina

Keywords: no christmas for me original song kokokaina

Added: December 14, 2007





Published by
Published by xFruits
Original source : http://youtube.com/?v=UMH86_UqFw4...