2008年7月23日水曜日

Sinkers Hooks and Things




This is the title track for the album. Have you looked down at a loved one dying in a hospital bed. One day you will I expect and this song is my story of one such time.

Sinkers Hooks and Things.
(Words and music by Douglas Kelvin copyright all rights 2007)

Intro
C Am Em F Fm7 G G7

C
I remember when my father passed away,
F
the very last thing he had to say,
G
with the twinkle in his eye,
just about to die,
F C
I feel the pain is slipping away.
F C
Son I think I've got the basted beat today.

Ref
Am Em
Death is a part of a story
F C
Chapters end where new ones start.
Am Em
The things my father done for me
F Fm C F Fm7 G G7
live on in my heart.

They locked his house and took away the key,
cut down half the roses and a tree.
They took away those tins
of sinkers, hooks and things.
But they couldn't take his favorite recipe,
or the many tricks he left inside of me.

ref

They took away his hat and his coat,
rocking chair, tackle box and boat.
They couldn't take the pride,
he gave me when he died.
They left me with his sense of right and wrong,
the things he left behind that make me strong. Ref end



Author: coomadoug

Keywords: Aussie Folk coomadoug sinkers hooks and things dedicationg to father.

Added: July 8, 2008





Published by
Published by xFruits
Original source : http://youtube.com/?v=gctSVVAc280...